Wristlets

I made two different types of improvised wristlets for Christmas gifts – one pair with thumbs and one with thumb-slits. The former are knitted in alpaca (brown) and wool (marled white-grey); the latter in Adriafil Knitcol wool.

For the wristlets with thumbs, I did a bit of trial-and-error on the thumbs to get them just right. Firstly, while I started making one to increase for the thumb gusset with a kfb (knit front and back), I didn’t like the gaps and the bars that this made. So I ripped back and went for an m1 (make 1), knitting the yarn in the gap between stitches in the row before. This made for smaller holes and no bars. I also determined that the thumb needed to be decreased when it separated from the rest of the wristlet, before finishing. The first attempt had a bit of a gaping hole at the thumb.

striped wristlets striped wristlets

The thumbless wristlets were just easy peasy, and the pattern matching worked out perfectly đŸ™‚

adriafil knitcol wristlets adriafil knitcol wristlets adriafil knitcol wristlets

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s