Snappy strap

I mentioned in my recent (actually, not so recent anymore…) post on the backpack I made to go to Japan that I’d made a matching camera strap as well. With apologies for the delay in posting, here it is.

I looked at bits and bobs to make this from scratch, but it was all a bit complicated and expensive to get the necessary pieces, so in the end I bought a strap of Amazon for £3 and just sewed a tube of fabric and (with some difficulty) yanked the strap through it. I’m very pleased with it!

Here I am in Nara in my Nani Iro Reeta dress with my camera.

Also, I’ve started making stuff again after a particularly stressful and exhausting few months at work, so I should start posting a bit more often now.

Advertisements

Now we are two

My sweet little cousin across the pond is already turning two! Last year she got a romper and bonnet/blouse set. This year she’s getting… apples! And hedgehogs, and some Liberty fabric from her great-grandmother.

20170611_105533

Bloomers pattern from Wiksten. Bonnet pattern free from Purl Soho. Apple/hedgehog double gauze from Miss Matatabi. Vintage tana lawn from my Grannie.

The Secret Garden

I’m a bit addicted to Japanese double gauze, and in combination with this have spent the past few months obsessing over every tiny glimpse of the Cotton + Steel x Rifle Paper Co fabric collection collaboration, Les Fleurs. Under all this pressure, when I saw this incredible floral print at Miss Matatabi I was instantly enchanted.

image

Clearly a new summer dress was necessary! I drafted the bodice from Simplicity 8523, raised the waist, added a gathered skirt and pockets, and got rid of the pesky facings. Last time I used the blouse pattern was for my Growing Fonder top, and the facings really are annoying. I’m fully a convert to hidden bias tape finishes now.

Anyway, this dress is absolutely great. I love it!

image